Move Over, Mona Lisa
Bible Reading: Ephesians 2:4-10
For we are God’s masterpiece. Ephesians 2:10
Your teacher said the artwork you were going to see was “priceless.” You thought that meant it was totally cheap and ugly. You were wrong. Every sculpture and painting was beautiful—and valuable beyond imagination. Stone-faced armed guards stood by the most valuable pieces. And throughout the tour your teacher kept flashing a look that said, “Touch anything and you’ll never get out of fourth grade.”
You don’t hang on the wall. You don’t have a guard standing by your side day and night. Yet you are God’s masterpiece-his cherished, handcrafted creation. Look at what Ephesians 2 says about your worth and value:
• You have been given life (see verse 5).
• You are one with Christ Jesus (see verse 6).
• You have been saved by God’s special favor (see verse 8).
And that’s only the beginning. If you trust Christ, every one of the following huge truths is a fact about you. Whenever you wonder if you matter to God or anyone else, read this list aloud to yourself:
• I am loved and chosen by God (see Ephesians 1:4).
• I am a child of God (see John 1:12).
• God’s Holy Spirit lives in me (see 1 Corinthians 3:16).
• I have access to God’s wisdom (see James 1:5)..
• I have a new friendship with God (see Romans 5:11).
• I have been made right in God’s sight (see Romans 5:1).
• I have Christ’s righteousness (see 2 Corinthians 5:21).
• I am God’s ambassador (see 2 Corinthians 5:20).
• I am completely forgiven (see Colossians 1:14).
• God meets all my needs (see Philippians 4:19).
• I am tenderly loved by God (see Jeremiah 31:3).
• I am holy and blameless (see Colossians 1:22).
Paul meant it when he said, “Those who become Christians become new persons. They are not the same anymore, for the old life is gone. A new life has begun!” (2 Corinthians 5:17). When God looks at you, he sees his flawless, awesome masterpiece!
TALK: How do you like being God’s masterpiece?
PRAY: God, sometimes it’s hard for us to see, but we know that you have made us your masterful works of art. Thank you.
ACT: Spend time repeating to yourself any of those Bible facts about you that you have a hard time believing.